7 Elite eCom Marketing Strategies For 2023 to Outperform Your Competitors
Online shopping today has become an integral part of our lives. Do you have any idea about how many digital sites there are in total? Reportedly around 12-24 million websites worldwide, This number shows that the online shopping industry is booming like no other.
Talking about the eCommerce business, the pandemic has now hastened the shift from traditional physical stores to online shopping by about five years. People today prefer to shop online, and for all the right reasons. Researchers state that in 2020, digital sales increased by 25.7%, and more than 80% of consumers shopped online that year. By the end of 2022, eCommerce sales are expected to reach $5.5 trillion, and for the upcoming years, it is predicted that online sales will value $7.39 trillion globally. This is mind-boggling.
So how are you planning to contribute to making this prediction come true in 2023? Let’s be very clear about one thing. Your secret to booming revenue lies in implementing the correct eCommerce marketing strategy. As consumer expectations evolve and new trends emerge, the industry will get more competitive. Therefore, you must be more cautious when picking up an ad strategy for your brand. A little mindful execution of your ad campaigns would help you stand out from your competitors. Don’t worry! This blog has got you covered. We will list some killer eCommerce marketing techniques to help you thrive in the new year and beyond. Now let’s begin.
1. Make Your Marketing Emails More Distinctive
Many of you feel email marketing is an old-school tactic, and perhaps it is. But it is and will always be one of the most effective marketing strategies. However, how email marketing is carried out has evolved brilliantly. Email broadcasting is one way to reach hundreds of your prospects at once. Giving a personal touch to your target audience always works in your favor. Understand this, even if you’re sending automated email sequences to numerous clients simultaneously, don’t forget to personalize your email wherever possible so that your recipients feel more connected to you, and don’t consider themselves just an extra count for your brand.
Here are a few strategies you can use to personalize your email marketing.
- Segmentation: Create email list segments based on factors like gender, location, job title, etc. Even a small piece of information can add a personal touch, giving them the impression that the message is customized only for them.
- Emails From A Person: Ensure that a member of the organization sends your emails, not the company itself. This will change the tone of the communication more like a conversation rather than just a “marketing email.”
- Celebrate Anniversaries: Always keep a list of your client’s birthdays, anniversaries, or other important events. A tiny gesture like sending a message to mark an anniversary can significantly impact your brand image.
2. Organic Traffic With SEO
Don’t rule out SEO practices. SEO is the king of online marketing and is the most tried and tested method for being found online. If you want to be shown to the maximum of your potential customers, you cannot take the risk of ruling out SEO. It helps you attain more organic traffic if followed as per Google’s guidelines. Without proper SEO, all the amazing content you create will go unnoticed; nothing is more heartbreaking than this.
The following are some of the most effective techniques for influencing Google’s bots:
- Use high-ranking keywords in your site’s blogs.
- Write captivating meta descriptions and title tags.
- Image search optimization.
- Target reliable backlinks.
- Enhance the speed of page loading.
- Include internal links from your website’s most popular pages.
- Produce informative content.
3. Utilize Social Media’s Strength
eCommerce businesses are largely dependent on social media platforms. They are just perfect to showcase your products and services as most people spend their free time surfing through them daily. Using various automation tools available, you may easily gather targeted audiences by advertising on social media. LinkedIn automation, for instance, is the perfect way to generate new leads. Automation can also schedule social media posts for specific times of the day. However, different social media platforms work best for different eCommerce niches. Take a look at the examples given below.
- LinkedIn: Perfect for B2B eCommerce businesses. This platform helps you generate organic traffic through expert posts and sell your products to other businesses.
- Instagram: Instagram is your apt choice if you want to share your picture-perfect products. To advertise your products on this platform effectively, you’ll have to create a PPC ad budget to get your products before consumers.
- Facebook: Just like Instagram, Facebook too requires investing in ads, but relax; you don’t have to spend money right from the start. Start utilizing cutting-edge tactics by being innovative, analyzing the competition, and obtaining testimonials.
- TikTok: TikTok is the best choice if you want to increase organic traffic on social media. Since the site is still growing rapidly and is far from being saturated, many people will get to see your videos without you having to invest any money in advertising. For best results, follow the most recent TikTok trends. To increase exposure and followers, prefer hashtags, follow challenges, and activate stitches.
Advertise Your Products Via Influencers: Social media influencers play a vital role in marketing campaigns. From an audience point of view, people tend to believe other users/ customers rather than the company, whose sole purpose is to sell products by hook or crook. Influencers, on the other hand, often present customers with a reality check. Hence influencers can be an outstanding approach for the 2023 marketing strategy to drive in more customers and more sales.
4. Embrace Social Commerce Tools
Since 57% of the world’s population uses social media, social commerce is an excellent approach to increasing your brand’s visibility. With social commerce tools, you can use social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok to market and sell your products/services. Customers can complete their purchases right there without having to leave the app. For instance, when scrolling through Instagram, you may see a selection of skin care products. You only need to tap ‘shop now, add the items to your ‘shopping cart,’ and complete the purchase inside the app. The study says Gen Z and Millennials are currently the social network users who are most likely to have made at least one purchase using a social channel in the U.S.
Users can use social commerce features to:
- Learn About Brands
- Research Products
- Engage With Customer Support
- Purchase Articles
Social commerce provides customers with a more convenient and interactive shopping experience, and that’s why it is getting popular tremendously. It differs from traditional social media marketing strategies, where shoppers must visit the brand’s website to shop.
You know that global sales via social media platforms were estimated at $992 billion in 2022, and predictions indicate that these sales will reach around $2.9 trillion by 2026. Currently, only four social media apps ( Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok) have in-built native social commerce features.
Make TikTok A Priority: In 2019, a mere 2.3% of U.S. expenditure on creator campaigns was made on TikTok. However, it will surpass Facebook this year and have a 15.5% market share. TikTok’s spectacular rise is one influencer marketing managers can’t ignore if they want to remain relevant in 2023.
5. Welcome Augmented And Virtual Reality Technology
In recent years, augmented reality (A.R.) and virtual reality (V.R.) have given marketers countless new opportunities. These technologies help brands develop unique customer experiences and assist customers in viewing products in an entirely new light. Additionally, with the delivery of AR/VR devices expected to expand by nearly 800% by 2026, now is the perfect time for creative marketers to begin experimenting with the new fad.
6. Create An Unforgettable Experience
Businesses need to do a little bit more than just display their products on their websites and social media channels if they want to outperform their competitors in the upcoming year. Make an effort to design an effective experiential marketing campaign. You may provide your clients with an unforgettable experience that helps them build a deeper connection with your brand and encourages them to share their positive experiences with potential clients. As long as you promote fruitful connections between your staff and your target audience, these experiences might be virtual or in-person.
7. Create Your Ideal Customer Persona
Before you start selling your items, you first need to know who exactly is interested in your offerings. Even if you know, get a double check by creating a customer persona.
Tips to help you create a profile for your ideal customers:
- Client’s Age
- Client’ Location
- Client’s Personality Type
- Client’s Goals
- Client’s Pain Points
- Frequently Used Websites By The Clients
Trust us; this approach works really well. Creating a customer persona for your marketing campaign can help you better understand your targeted audience base. Buyer’s persona will continue to impact 2023’s marketing landscape.
We’re coming to an end for this year. Start preparing your marketing plan for 2023 right away. We all know that Google ads are the world’s most popular eCommerce marketing platform. Combining these above-mentioned innovative strategies with Google ads helps you easily reach more potential customers, as creating customer-focused content has always been the best way to establish a strong bond with your audiences. Also, automating your e-commerce firm is crucial since it’s the way to the future. Make sure the customer’s entire experience is hassle-free once they purchase from you. This will assist you in creating a sizable community around your e-commerce business for the following year and beyond.