The consumer journey is constantly changing and becoming more complicated. Customers today engage across several channels thanks to new ways to discover, search for, and make purchases. For a marketer, it can be hard to keep up with these changes; that’s why advertisers are turning to automation to engage more and more customers. Therefore, they are now more inclined towards the Performance Max Campaigns. This article will help you in creating an effective performance max campaign. Before we start, you first need to understand what exactly it is.
What Is A Performance Max Campaign?
Performance Max is a goal-based campaign type compatible with all Google Ads channels. It uses the most effective automation features offered by Google, such as smart bidding, to help you improve performance and find more converted customers across Google’s ad channels, including Youtube, display, search, discover, and more. You can advertise your products and services across all Google networks by designing a simple and easy-to-manage campaign.
Creating A Performance Max Campaign
Creating and managing a Performance Max Campaign is simple. You can create it for advertisers with online sales, retail, omnichannel, or lead generation goals following these simple steps.
- Select your campaign’s main objective and conversion goals you want to drive performance towards (for sales, lead generation, awareness, or any other).
- Once you are done with the campaign objective, select ‘performance max’ as your campaign type. By this, you can get access to all the Google ads channels and inventory from a single campaign.
- In the next step, select your campaign’s budget and bidding strategy. Make sure your bid strategy is in line with your company’s goals.
- Once the budget and bidding strategy are done, go to campaign settings to choose your campaign’s location and language. In this step, you can also adjust other campaign settings like your ad serving schedule or start and end date.
- Next is to create an asset group or provide creative assets. Asset groups let you manage different kinds of creative assets and are similar to ‘ad groups’ in other campaigns. Also, include audio signals in your campaign.
- Once you have added the audio signals, include ad extensions. Use a variety of extensions for site links, callouts, calls, lead forms, and more. These extensions help your ads show up more prominently.
- After adding ad extensions, you’re almost ready with your Performance Max Campaign. Before you publish your campaign, review your campaign summary to check if anything’s missing.
Once the campaign starts running, give it a few weeks before you evaluate the results.