How to Advertise Weight Loss Products Online
In today’s fast-moving world, people usually don’t get much time to do regular exercise and maintain their weight.
But hey! If you are selling weight loss products then you have come across the right place because we will be going through all the important aspects on how you can effectively sell your weight loss products and do a more profitable business.
We’ve divided this article into different segments to easily understand each part and improve the one you are currently working on. So without further ado, let’s get started.
Step by Step Guide Weight Loss Advertising Ideas
Google is the first place where people search their queries, most of the time. So if you are using Google ads for your weight loss products then you are missing out a big time.
Let’s understand this with an example. Suppose someone is not fit and wants to lose weight, before going to a dietician for a diet, they probably will search on google for “how to lose weight” or “weight loss diet” or “weight loss products”. If you can understand the problems of a person who is going through this situation and your products can provide the solution.
Well, Congratulations, You have already won half the battle, Running Google ads for business is the second half. It might be a little tricky if you are doing it yourself for the first time so we advise you to get it done from a PPC Agency.
The purpose of running ads for your business is not only to increase your sales but also to generate brand awareness and it also helps you to scale your business and get it online if you are not selling your products online already.
SEO stands for search engine optimization and it provides several benefits to your business. SEO, unlike paid advertising, comes under the umbrella of organic marketing.
In google ads, you have to spend money to get users to click on your ads and visit your landing page but in SEO, you need to make adjustments on the page and off page along with the educational content.
Below are some of the important points that you need to take into consideration.
- Make sure your website has SEO-friendly quality content. SEO-friendly content contains proper headings – subheadings, wisely chosen keywords, and many other things but most importantly, your content should provide value to the readers.
- Apart from the written content, you also need to make sure that your website’s loading time is fast(using a shared hosting service can significantly increase your loading time).
- Ensure meta tags, meta descriptions, and URLs are set properly to rank on the first page of google search results.
There are many other tiny adjustments that you need to make in order to get your website rank on top in a particular search term or niche. And it could get really frustrating very soon if you are trying to do it all by yourself when you have never done it before.
Facebook and Instagram Ads
Whenever you are scrolling through your Facebook or Instagram feed, have you noticed how many times you scroll through fitness products or weight loss products?
In case you didn’t notice, the answer is many times. The market for weight loss products is huge because it’s beneficial and more importantly it solves a problem.
Today, Billions of people use Facebook and Instagram and the potential of great sales from those platforms is huge because there are people who are not directly looking for weight loss products but if they come across them and realize they also need them, they will just buy them.
And to sell your products to them, you need to run ads on those platforms. For that, you need to create an account with Facebook Ads Manager. You can run ads on both platforms from the same ads manager.
The next step is to target the audience, to do that you need to have answers to the following questions.
- The location that you want to target.
- Interests of people.
- What type of people can benefit the most from your products.
Once you have answers to these questions, you are ready to run your first campaign. But always keep in mind that both platforms are different in nature and people act differently on different platforms.
Influencer marketing is a great way to reach your potential customers. People don’t only follow influencers but also trust them.
So if you want to sell your products through influencers and put your money into influencer marketing, chances are, you are gonna get good results but still, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind so you don’t lose your money and make the maximum profit possible.
These things are:
- Make sure the influencers you are choosing for your product are in the same niche. For example, if you work with an influencer that mainly deals in clothing will not get you good results for your weight loss products but on the other hand, if you are choosing an influencer that is a lifestyle expert or a fitness coach, the results are going to be in your favor.
- Apart from choosing the right niche and the target audience, make sure that you dig deep into the influencer background. Some influencers may have millions of followers but they only get engagement from a few thousand people only on their posts. They will charge you a hefty amount of money but the return on that kind of investment is not good for your business.
- Make sure that the influencer is well trusted and respected by his followers and other bands he’s worked with previously. To do that, you can check how positively his followers reply or comment on his posts and you can also talk to other brands about their experience working with that influencer, by sending them an email for the same.
Influencer marketing can bring you fruitful results if you take care of the above-mentioned things and it could be very helpful in spreading the positive word about your products.
Don’t underestimate the power of email marketing. Some people tend to think that email marketing is old-fashioned and does not bring as good results as other paid sources.
Well, the truth is, Email marketing is one of the most effective ways of marketing that could bring massive results if done properly. And one of the biggest advantages of email marketing is that it does NOT cost you anything when you are just starting, unlike paid ads.
If you are low on budget and can not afford paid advertising, email marketing is your way. In fact, if you have a budget you can still do email marketing because it could work wonders for your business.
So, the only question that remains now is, how do you get started in email marketing.
To clarify, Let’s divide this section into 2 parts, i.e
- You are new and just starting an email marketing
- It’s been a while since you are doing this and want to do it effectively.
- In case you are new, All you have to do is make an email template, which you will be sending to your customers to tell them the benefits of your products or to connect with other people for collaborations. Make sure you are keeping the record of emails you are getting because that will help you in later stages. Saving 1 email address at a time will help you build an email list that will ultimately help you in the long run when targeting several people with email marketing software.
- If you are not new and doing it for a while, you probably have an email list ready by now by following step A. The next step is to make an email marketing plan which you have to follow that includes a sequence of emails from welcome email to follow-up emails to thank you emails. We recommend you use email marketing software like MailChimp to organize a large number of emails.
Social Media marketing
As we were discussing earlier, social media has billions of users and the potential reach for your products in social media is very high so why not take advantage of it. Social media marketing isn’t always about paid advertising.
You don’t always have to run paid ads on social media to promote your products or sell your products in fact what you can do is create engaging posts that compel people to participate in your posts and once they do, Facebook will start sending them notifications on every update that happens on that post.
So, let’s see how you can effectively do social media marketing. We are not gonna talk about how you can run paid ads which we already did in this article before so we will be focusing on organic marketing here.
First of all, you need to have a business page, a Facebook page, or an Instagram page where you can connect with potential customers as followers, and whatever you post, they can engage with you.
One of the most common mistakes people make when they start is that they start posting stuff related to their products on their personal profile and they think once they grow big, they will switch to a page which is not really a good idea so always start with creating a new page if you don’t have one already and keep your personal and professional page separate.
Once you have created a page, you can start sharing some really good images, videos, or educational posts on the same. For example, when you are selling weight-loss products, you can post Before VS After Transformation Pictures or videos on your pages. Or Create a high-quality educational video or post that people find useless and they share it with their friends and family.
The bottom line is there are plenty of ways to sell your weight loss products online but choosing the right platform for the right content is the key.