We know the Performance Max campaign is a goal-based campaign that uses automation technologies across bidding, targeting, creatives, and attribution to help you drive more traffic and better conversion value. It is built to perform well across various marketing goals and media platforms.
Advertisers create Performance Max campaigns to buy and optimize ads across Youtube, display, search, Gmail, discover, and Google maps.
After testing Performance Max campaigns over the past few months, Google ads have developed several tips that will assist you in optimizing your Pmax to drive better results. The following are:
- Decide your targeting goals and optimize the campaign to achieve them. Goals can include generating leads and increasing online or offline sales.
- Run campaigns for at least six weeks so you have enough data to compare results, and the machine learning algorithm has time to ramp up.
- Include at least five different text assets in your asset group (4 headlines & 5 descriptions).
- Include at least 5 different versions of image assets (of size 1200X1200) in your asset group.
- Use relevant audience lists as signals to hasten the ramp-up of machine learning.
- To value offline and online conversions correctly, use value-based bidding strategies. Also, import offline conversions regularly. If you’re utilizing the Maximize conversions or tCPA bid strategy, choose the deepest funnel conversion action with qualified leads, and set the tCPA accordingly.
- Performance Max is powered by machine learning. Add as much information as possible to enhance your campaign’s results. Use improved conversions or offline conversion import for lead generation to correctly value conversions.
- Creativity is the most powerful tool to drive performance and allow you to customize the campaign to relevant audiences. Add more assets to your campaign to gather more users. The more assets, the more potential ad formats can be created for different channels and users.
- Also, make sure your image asset meets Google’s highest quality guidelines (discovery, image assets, videos ads, for example).
- Create different asset groups to target different audiences.
- Ask for necessary information only. Irrelevant questions decrease the completion rate and hence increase CPA.
- Your CTA should either direct people to the website to fill out the form or ask them to do so in the ad format (discovery, Youtube, search extension).
- A new tool called Final URL helps you find new, profitable queries that keyword-based search campaigns may not cover.
- Must add audience signals. Your data, which includes customer match and visitor lists from your website and custom segments, are the most useful audience signals to supply.
These are a few pointers that Google provided to assist you in optimizing your Performance Max campaigns. It’s not the end, though. Google will introduce some new features in Performance Max over the upcoming months, some of which are tailored specifically for merchants and companies with physical locations, to help businesses to optimize campaigns for acquiring new customers exclusively. To increase foot traffic to stores, retailers with vocal inventory feed will see new search and map ad formats powered by their products.